Saturday, August 14, 2010

Answer to Chad

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your ARF dog. It took me a long time to get over the loss of the two dogs in my profile picture. Matti actually really reminds me of the blond terrier cross. I do think Matti would eventually be a good jogging partner, although you'd have to wait until he was full grown. He's much better on leash now (less walking in front of you at every step!) I do think Matti will be a really good family dog. He doesn't do a lot of mouthing and he's cuddly, but he gets very excited and does a lot of jumping up at the moment. He has only had very limited exposure to children (the odd time approaching kids when on leash or at the park). So he'll really benefit from continued training. He knows to sit and shake a paw (for a treat) at the moment. As with any dog or pup, I wouldn't leave him alone with young children, and would make sure the children were also being taught how to behave around a dog.

Matti also loves his foster sister, and would do well with another young dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment