Tuesday, July 6, 2010

How big is big?


Rossi's forever home should be prepared for a big dog. Second only to "what kind of dog is that?" ARF volunteers are always asked "how big will s/he get?" - "A good size," is a good answer. We can never know and are reluctant to hazard a guess lest we be wrong. But generally, ARF dogs are big dogs. How big is big? I don't consider our ARF dog big. She weighs just under 55lbs. Our third ARF dog, Kima, is a good size, around 70lbs. But they can be bigger (or smaller!)

Ross resembles Levi (stayed with us through the holiday season). He was a tank, but Rossi might be bigger. I wonder how big Levi is now and what he looks like.

So how big are these guys? I should have weighed Rossi before he went to his new foster home, but he is at least 28lbs at 3 months old - he could be pushing 30lbs. Joey weighs in at 26lbs.

2 comments:

  1. After reading this blog entry I went and weighed Rossi (I am his new foster home at this time) and he weighed in at 31lbs. Based on this I would say that Rossi will be a very big boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowsers! He is a tank! A clumsy cutie but a tank!

    ReplyDelete