Friday, May 15, 2009

Escape artists

Starsky and Hutch are doing very well with crate training - or so they were... Last night they went easily into the crate and settled very quickly. I thought I was going to catch up on the sleep I missed on their first night (because we went to bed late, not because they woke up). But my plans were foiled - somehow, those little monkeys wrangled their way out of the crate while I was asleep. Mark realized and woke me up, alerting me to the escape artists. Groggy, and thinking I should take them outside immediately, one of the munchins was too quick for sleepy Erin, and piddled right in front of me. Outside, pee, inside, crate. Cry, hush, cry, sleep. This time, I'd shut the bedroom door, 45 minutes later, I hear scratching at the bedroom door. Those little Houdinis had done it again! Outside, pee, move to the exercise pen with crate inside, door open; cry, hush, cry, hush, cry, okay I'll sleep on the hard linoleum beside you, sleep, Erin moves back to comfy bed. This was however, no fault of their own, and I am proud to report that they love their crate and choose to snuggle in it on their own. We just need a crate with a secure door!

No comments:

Post a Comment